A Gentleman's Good Shoes
Good shoes are frequently quoted as
the most important item of clothing, and, indeed, they are!
The four points to look at for a gentleman's
good shoes are as follows:
Good shoes are the single most important
item when investing into a wardrobe.
Good shoes are made to a large extent
by hand and from the best leather.
- in the UK: Church's, Tricker's,
Foster & Son, Edward Green, Crockett & Jones, Cheaney
A good pair of welted calfskin
shoes made in a factory by craftsmen will cost you at least 200 pounds.
For good shoes a good make really is
a guarantee for high quality - these makes are, for example:
- in the US: Allen-Edmonds, Alden,
Bass, Sebago, Timberland, Florsheim
- in Italy: Gucci, Moreschi, Gravati,
Fratelli Rosetti, J. P. Tod's
- in France: John Lobb Paris
- in Spain: Lotusse
- in Austria: Ludwig Reiter
© 2010 Gentleman
– A Timeless Fashion by Bernhard